We’ve good news if you’re a PC gamer and have been dying to play your favorite games with a PS4 controller. It’s pretty easy to connect a PS4 controller to your PC.
Overall three methods of connecting ps4 controller to your PC. The two most common are wired(micro USB cable): via Steam or the DS4 Windows Utility. And the last one is wireless which is Bluetooth.
Here are three various methods to connect your ps4 controller to a PC.
Connect via a USB cable.
If you’re a PC gamer, the probabilities are you’re using Steam to manage your games library. While Steam is mainly used for games you purchase through the platform, it’s also possible to add non-Steam games to your library.
- First of all, Open your steam app
- Then open the setting of the steam app
- After this, open the controller tab, then click on General Controller Settings.
- Sign up if you are a new user, or sign in if you already have an account.
- Use the micro-USB connection to connect the PS4 controller to your computer. Verify that the controller’s lights illuminate to signify a connection
- Steam notices it automatically and configures your controller.
Through DS4 Windows
DS4 Windows software allows you to connect your PS4 controller to your PC. This means that you can use your controller on any PC that has DS4 Windows installed.
- DS4 Windows is straightforward to install and use. All you need to do is download the software from the DS4 Windows website as a zip file.
- After downloading, you can extract it.
- After being extracted, click DS4Windows twice in the folder you selected. Click Execute if you are prompted to confirm that you wish to run the software.
- Once installed, you can connect your controller to your PC using a micro USB cable. You require to restart your PC.
Users aren’t required to reconfigure anything; simply select the Profiles tab in DS4Windows to modify specific buttons or alter the sensitivity independent of the in-game interface. Although it is easier said than done, choose New to begin a new profile if you are feeling optimistic. Select the DualShock 4 profile instead, then click Edit.
Wirelessly: Via Bluetooth
Wirelessly connecting your PS4 controller to your PC is a great way to game without having to deal with pesky wires. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure that your PS4 controller is charged.
- Press the PS button on your controller until the light bar starts flashing. This means that the controller is in pairing mode.
- On your PC, open up the Bluetooth settings. You should see an option to connect a new device.
- Select your PS4 controller from the list of devices and follow the prompts to complete the connection.
- Once the connection is made, you can start gaming! Enjoy wire-free gaming with your PS4 controller on your PC.
How do you reconnect the controller to the PS4 console?
If you’re having trouble connecting your PS4 controller to your PC, don’t panic. There are a few things you can try to get things working again.
First, make sure that the controller is adequately charged. If the light on the top of the controller is red, it needs to be plugged in for a few hours before it will work again.
Next, try resetting the controller by pressing the reset button on the back. If that doesn’t work, try plugging the controller into a different USB port on your PC.
If you’re still having trouble, there may be an issue with the Bluetooth connection. Try restarting your PC and then connecting the controller using a Bluetooth adapter.
The ps4 controller is a great way to play games on your PC. It’s easy to connect, and you can use it with many different games. Here are some final words about using a ps4 controller on your PC.
First, make sure that you have the latest version of the PS4 firmware installed on your console. To do this, go to Settings > System Software Update and select [Install]. The PS4 controller won’t connect to your PC if you don’t have the latest firmware.
Second, check that the PS4 controller is appropriately charged. The easiest way is to plug it into the PS4 console using the USB cable. Once it’s plugged in, press and hold the PS button on the controller for a few seconds, the light should start flashing when it’s charging correctly.
Related article: Can We Use External RAM for Laptop?
Related article: Why is Bluetooth not Finding Devices
Related article: How to Convert pdf to Word
Related article: How Long Do Graphic Cards Last?
Related article: How to Connect Airpods to Android?
Related article: What is the best time to buy a graphic card?
Related article: How Artificial Intelligence Can Help Me With My Business